Party like it's 1929
Relive the decadent, desperate days of Twenties Berlin at Herr Kettner’s Kabaret.
Head to Herr Kettner’s Kabaret to step into a hedonistic world where monocled aristocrats share tables with revolutionaries and women dressed as men, where Fritz Lang makes the futuristic movie Metropolis, Tristan Tzara sits in a nightclub with “DADA” written on his forehead, and everyone dances to the daring new “jazz” music from America.
● There will be live 1920s swing music in the Ballroom from the Dixie Ticklers, vintage DJing from Aila of the Bees Knees, plus complimentary Charleston and swing dance lessons from the London Swingcats.
● In the Kabaret Lounge there will be two cabaret shows, hosted by Christian Lee, master of riotous comedy magic, and featuring stunning burlesque from statuesque beauty Sophia St Villier and a storm of hula energy from Polly Hoops, plus sultry song from Gracie, all ably accompanied on the piano by Fraulein Von Klaus
● Watch out for our wandering magician Oli B, who will dazzle and astonish all with his mind tricks and sleight of hand
● In the Laurent Perrier Champagne Lounge, for the entry price of a glass of Champagne, you can chat to our Champagne Experts and thrill as our bubbly burlesque temptress cavorts in a giant Champagne glass
● In the Pernod Absinthe Lounge allow the drink they called the “Green Fairy” to soothe and inspire your soul, and receive a complimentary sample and masterclass in her history and preparation from our Absinthe Guru
● Treat yourself to professional styling from Lipstick & Curls, whose pop-up salon will be offering vintage primping from 7.30pm
● Have a vintage photo portrait taken at our in-house studio by the talented but discreet Julien Creff of Café Foto
● Sample the specially designed cocktails at our three bars
You can book online or by telephoning Herr Kettner’s secretary Justine on 020 7292 0513 during office hours.
Full dining tickets are £75, including a welcome glass of Laurent-Perrier Champagne, a sumptuous three-course dinner plus exclusive cabaret entertainment in the dining room. Non-dining tickets are £20, or £30 with a glass of Laurent-Perrier Champagne. A Snack Bar will be offering Teutonic bar food all night. @Kettners.com)
Herr Kettner’s Kabaret
Friday 21st March
Dinner (dining tickets) 7.30pm